Over the next three years, University Library Braunschweig, University and State Library Darmstadt, the TIB - Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and the Fraunhofer Information Centre for Planning and Building will set up a specialised information service (FID) for the fields of civil engineering, architecture and urban studies, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
FID BAUdigital, which started on 1.September 2020, supports a widely distributed and increasingly interdisciplinary research community, which deals with the development of digital design, planning and production methods in the building industry.
The FID BAUdigital focuses on
- an innovative web service platform for research in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and urban studies,
- the development of a BAUdigital thesaurus as linked open data,
- the retro-digitisation of 2D and 3D objects as well as the development of a 3D retro-digitisation service,
- supporting of the community by making available research data under FAIR data principles,
- digital preservation of selected research data,
- supporting of researchers regarding networking and sharing information,
- the improvement of literature supply and publication services with an emphasis on Open Access.
The actions of the specialised information service BAUdigital are actively supported by a scientific advisory board. The members of the scientific advisory board are well-known scientists from the various professional communities in the field of building industry with a close connection to digitality, which reflects the wide range of our research fields. The scientific advisory board reviews the services of the FID in relation to community Needs and the state of research. At the same time it not only plays a significant role regarding the FID's networking with these professional communities but also is a starting point to promote networking within these communities themselves. The highly professional members of our scientific advisory board could be introduced as follows:
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Jakob Beetz (RWTH Aachen Universität, Fakultät Architektur, Fachgebiet Computational Design)
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Danielzyk (Leibniz Universität Hannover, Institut für Umweltplanung, Abteilung Raumordnung und Regionalentwicklung)
- Dr. Maria Effinger (Universitätsbibliothek Heidelberg, Zentrales Projektmanagement u.a. Fachinformationsdienste arthistoricum.net, Propylaeum)
- Junior-Prof. Dr. Norman Hack (TU Braunschweig, Fakultät Architektur, Bauingenieurwesen und Umweltwissenschaften, Institut für Tragwerksentwurf)
- Prof. Dr. Katharina Klemt-Albert, Institut für Baumanagement und Digitales Bauen (Leibniz Universität Hannover, Institut für Baumanagement und Digitales Bauen)
- Prof. Dr. Pjotr Kuroczyński (Architekturinstitut der Hochschule Mainz)
- Dr.-Ing. Katja Piesker(DAI Berlin, Wissenschaftliche Direktorin & Leiterin des Architekturreferats)
- Akad. Rat Tobias Schwinn (Stuttgart Universität, Institute for Computational Design and Construction)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Oliver Tessmann (TU Darmstadt, Fachbereich Architektur, Fachgebiet Digital Design Unit)
- Dr. Sabine Weck (Institut für Landes- und Stadtentwicklungsforschung, Stellvertretende wissenschaftliche Institutsleitung)
TIB Blog-Post reagrding the official start of FID Baudigital is published!
Go-ahead given for FID BAUdigital!
The Specialised Information Service for the fields of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Urban Studies (FID BAUdigital) was launched on 1 September 2020. The platform is being developed by the University Library Braunschweig, the University and State Library Darmstadt, TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and the Fraunhofer Information Center for Regional Planning and Building Construction...Here is the link to see the full text: https://blogs.tib.eu/wp/tib/2020/09/29/startschuss-fuer-den-fid-baudigital/
University Library Braunschweig
Katrin Stump M.A
+49 (0)531 391-5011
University and State Library Darmstadt
Prof. Dr. Thomas Stäcker
+49 (0)6151 16-76200
TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and University Library
Dr. Irina Sens
+49 (0)511 762-3426
Fraunhofer Information Center for Planning and Building
Dr.-Ing. Friedmar Voormann
+49 (0)711 970-2604
07/2020 – 06/2023
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)